IMD at the Chinaplas 2019 - Closure Vision Inspection from all perspectives
IMD Ltd. gives this year at the Chinaplas an insight into their latest technologies of inline inspection of closures. The IMDvista OEM Closure Vision Inspection System is built into an Onlytec folding & slitting machine. Five cameras for a total overview; one inside with a fish eye lens, one top view camera with a tele centric lens and three cameras for 360° side view inspection. This inspection system can be used to meet today's customer requirements and the constantly increasing risks in the production process.
IMD will be at the booth of its China partner Onlytec, Booth No. 12.1P21. Maurizio Rasori, IMD’s Sales Manager Asia, will be only pleased too, to offer you advice on the spot and give further information on the exhibit.
- Chinaplas 2019
- 21. – 24.5.2019, Guangzhou, China
- IMD on the Onlytec booth No. 12.1P21
IMDvista Closure Vision Inspection System – 100% inspection from all sides
IMD shows together with its Chinese partner Onlytec what is possible when it comes to inline inspection of closures. On display will be an Onlytec folding & slitting machine with built-in IMDvista inspection systems.
IMDvista OEM Closure Vision Inspection System with total 5 cameras:
- One Inside with a fish eye lens: To detect short shots, color defects, contamination inside, flashes, ovality and diameter, defects on the sealing lip, and mainly deformations in general
- One top view camera with a tele centric lens: Shows flashes on the outer side in horizontal way, diameter measuring and detection, ovality, contamination bottom and optional with cavity reading possibility
- Three cameras for 360°: To detect contamination outside on 360° of the closure, height measurement, color and deformation
Different cap sizes and a speed up to 4‘000ppmin
With the same IMDvista Vision Inspection System, various standard closures such as 1881/ 3025/ 2925 & 38mm can be inspected. The exhibited system is designed for a speed of up to 2’000ppmin. The IMDvista inspection systems are however much more powerful – up to 4’000ppmin – also for OEM systems (integration into any external machine handling solutions and/ or partner solutions).
100% Vision Inspection has become indispensable
The request for inspection and the quality request from the end customer gets more and more important. Today, there is almost no produced closure which will be capped on any bottle, which is not 100% inspected.
- Avoid downtime on blowing-filling processes
- Avoid customer complaints and product recalls
- Automated, reliable and permanent quality monitoring & inspection
- Savings on labor costs (QS)
- Growing quality demands and requirements
- Continuous growing production speeds
- Lighter preforms / PET material savings
- Use of regrind/ recycled material
IMD Ltd. and Onlytec – a successful partnership since 2004
Since 2004, Onlytec has exclusively relied on IMD’s Vision Inspection Systems for its post-molding and automation systems. Onlytec and its customers appreciate the innovative and reliable vision systems very much. The cooperation is a win-win situation for both sides.